SCAR TISSUE
The Comic Book

[Current Issue]
^ Current Issue ^

 PREVIEWS
 
 NEWS
 
 CREATORS
 
 FORUM
 
 STORE
 


Dial R Studios



     
   


N E W S

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dave's SDCC Report!

This was an incredibly fantastic show. And successful too, we completely sold out of issue 4! Got to meet back up with a lot of great folks and meet a lot of new ones too. That's always the most exciting and fulfilling part of a convention for me.

On the plane ride over I started to finally read Men of Tomorrow. When I got off the plane a guy approached me, said he saw me reading the book and asked what I thought. He introduced himself and I told him my name. He got a curious look in his eyes and said "are you the artist on that organ transplant book?" That was pretty damn cool. He stopped by the booth later and picked up the issues he was missing.

Met the Comic Geek Speak Guys guys, Peter, Bryan, Jaime, Matt and Adam, and a lot of CGS listeners and other podcasters like the Indie Spinner Rack guys(nuts), Lene from I Read Comics(charming), and Chris from the Collected Comics Library(swell guy).

Got so many sketch commissions that I was always a day behind, as well as selling most of the ones I had left from previous shows. Went to Fridays(I know, but it was cheap i.e. under $40/plate) with a bunch of CGS peeps, went to Dick's(again, cheap, & a real crap hole but we made it fun) with the Ronin Crew, and went to a couple fancy-pants dinners with Jim, his wife Lisa and their two beautiful and well behaved twins, Eva and Tristan. Later in the night was the bar at the Hyatt.

Met Steve Bryant and we got along instantly. He's a stand up guy all the way.

Got another chance to talk with WordBalloon's John Suintres(probably bad spelling, but he does the same for me ;-) ). He's a bundle of information and positive energy.

That's what I can think of right now. My brain is still fried.

Special Thanks to everyone who came out to meet us and who picked up the book!

Here's the few pics that I snapped:

View from the Radisson:


Stormtroopers:
Ray Harryhausen at the booth next door:

Jim and Nat jammin' on the Ukes:

More Stormtroopers:

The Ronin Booth with Jim, Pat and Chris:

Steve Bryant, Athena Voltaire creator:

Blurry podcasters:

Even more Stormtroopers:

Art Adams working on my Loki sketch:

Loki:

Sketches for the CGS guys:

Even more Stormtroopers:

Mighty John Culjak(writer of Renaissance Man):

Jim and Pat:

CGS dinner group:

Ronin Crew, blurry mode:

Guess what, Stormtroopers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This news report was brought to you by:


Copyright © and TM 2005, All Rights Reserved.

 
 
Back to top